How To Apply & Remove OPI Powder Perfection
Posted on September 24 2018
Since launching the collection on Beyond Polish, the OPI Powder Perfection system has become a bestseller. Available in 29 OPI shades, Powder Perfection is fast, easy, and odor-free, promising gel-like shine and over two weeks of wear (if applied following the proper steps).
The Technology of OPI Powder Perfection
2. Nails are then dipped into an OPI Powder Perfection Powder. The powder sits on top and works its way into the thin layer of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat, which is still uncured. A second coat of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat is applied and then dipped again, creating a thicker application and achieving full coverage of color.
3. A third coat of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat is applied, then dipped into OPI Powder Perfection Clear Color Set Powder, providing a barrier to protect the Color Powder during filing and further strengthening the overall application.
4. Next, the OPI Powder Perfection Activator is applied, starting the polymerization, or curing process. The monomers react into polymers, adhering strongly to the nail and the powder, strengthening the entire system.
5. The first application of Activator is followed by contouring and buffing the nails. This can be achieved through filing and buffing techniques, but should not require the use of e-files when properly applied. Once the nails are shaped as desired, a second coat of OPI Powder Perfection Activator is applied.
6. After the Activator is dry (1-2 min), two coats of OPI Powder Perfection Top Coat are applied. The Activator immediately begins to cure the Top Coat and within minutes the entire system is cured.
How To Apply OPI Powder Perfection
Video by OPI
1. Wash your hands and prepare the nails according to the steps in the OPI Powder Perfection Service Guide. Separately pour a small amount of OPI Powder Perfection Color Powder shade of choice and the OPI Powder Perfection Color Set Powder into small, plastic cups.
2. Apply one coat of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat to a single nail, making sure to cover the entire surface of the nail.
3. Immediately dip the same nail at a 45-degree angle into the OPI Powder Perfection Color Powder. Tap off excess powder and repeat on the other 4 nails of the same hand. Complete one hand at a time in order to prevent the OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat from drying too quickly.
4. Once complete with an entire hand (all 5 fingers), tap off excess powder. When dry to the touch, use a sanitized cosmetic brush to wipe off any remaining loose powder. Apply a second layer of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat and Color Powder. Wipe any remaining loose powder.
5. Apply one coat of OPI Powder Perfection Base Coat to each nail.
6. Before the Base Coat dries, dip each nail at a 45-degree angle into the OPI Powder Perfection Color Set Powder. Tap off excess powder.
7. When dry to the touch, use a sanitized cosmetic brush to wipe off any remaining loose powder.
8. Apply one coat of OPI Powder Perfection Activator to all 5 nails, making sure to cover the entire surface of the nail. Allow to completely dry. While the OPI Powder Perfection Activator dries, complete Steps 2-8 on the other hand.
9. Go back to the first hand that you started working on and make sure the OPI Powder Perfection Activator is completely dry. Contour the surface if needed by gently filing and buffing the nail.
10. Smooth the surface if needed with a buffer. Use a light hand when filing and buffing to avoid filing through the OPI Powder Perfection Color Powder layers. Use a cosmetic brush to remove excess powder and filing dust.
11. Apply one coat of OPI Powder Perfection Activator on all 5 nails of the same hand, making sure to cover the entire surface of each nail. Allow to dry completely. Repeat Steps 9-10 on the other hand.
12. Apply one coat of OPI Powder Perfection Top Coat to each nail and allow at least 1 minute to dry. Repeat this application on the other hand.
13. Apply a second coat of OPI Powder Perfection Top Coat to each nail. Allow 1-2 minutes to dry. Repeat this application on the other hand. Dispose the leftover OPI Powder Perfection Color Powder and Color Set Powder.
How To Remove OPI Powder Perfection
Video by OPI
1. Wash and sanitize hands (Recommended Products: Swiss Blue Liquid Hand Soap & Swiss Hand Guard Antiseptic Handwash Gel).
2. Use a file to gently break up the top layer of the OPI Powder Perfection. Be careful not to file the natural nail.
3. Fold an Expert Touch Nail Wipe into quarters. Saturate the pad with an Expert Touch Removal Wrap and the folded Expert Touch Nail Wipe with Expert Touch Lacquer Remover.
4. Place wrap under finger so pad and nail wipe will wrap over the top of the nail. Wrap securely around the finger and allow to soak for 20-25 minutes.
5. Optional: Place an Expert Touch Hand Mitt over each hand and cover with a towel for added heat during removal.
6. After 20 minutes, use a gentle twisting motion to remove the wraps. Use a cuticle stick to gently remove any excess residue. Wash your hands.