How To Apply & Remove Gel Nails Using CND Shellac
Posted on April 08 2020
Can't make it to a salon anytime soon? No worries, we're here to help! We're going to teach you how to apply CND Shellac gel polish. CND Shellac combines the ease of polish with high-performance wear and stunning shine. A true innovation in chip-resistant, long-lasting nail color. Let's get to the tutorial!
How To Apply CND Shellac
Step 1: P.E.P. - Natural Nail Preparation
1. Perform a manicure.
a. Wash your hands with soap and water and towel dry.
b. Massage CND Cool Blue Hand Cleanser into your hands to cleanse skin.
c. Remove any existing nail color from the natural nail using an acetone-based polish remover (Recommended: OFFLYFAST Moisturizing Remover) and a plastic-backed lint-free pad.
d. If necessary, trim the length from each nail, using nail clippers.
e. Shape the nail edge with a soft grit Kanga File or Koala Buffer.
f. Apply a small amount of CuticleAway Professional Cuticle Remover evenly around the cuticle of each nail.
g. Gently slide a cuticle pusher along the nail plate to lift cuticle.
h. Remove any excess CuticleAway from the nail and use a curette to remove cuticle.
i. Clean with soap and water, rinse and towel dry.
j. Use a manicure nipper to carefully remove any loose pieces of skin or hangnails. Use a gentle touch and never cut skin as it can lead to infection.
Step 2: Shellac Base Coat Application
1. Shake to blend.
2. Apply one thin later of CND Shellac Base Coat to extension edge and nail surface.
3. Apply to five nails and cure each hand for 10 seconds in the CND LED Lamp. Do not remove the top film after removing the nails from the lamp.
Step 3: Shellac Color Coat Application
1. Shake vigorously to blend.
2. Apply one thin layer of CND Shellac Color Coat to extension edge and nail surface (this layer will be slightly semi-sheer if applied correctly).
3. Apply to five nails and cure each hand for one minute in the CND LED Lamp. Do not remove the top film after removing the nails from the lamp.
4. Apply a second thin layer of Color Coat to the nail surface. The second layer will provide additional coverage and color.
5. Apply to give nails and cure each hand for one minute in the CND LED Lamp. Do not remove the top film after removing the nails from the lamp.
Step 4: Shellac Top Coat Application
1. Shake to blend.
2. Apply one thin layer of CND Shellac Top Coat to each nail.
3. Apply to five nails and cure each hand for one minute in the CND LED Lamp.
4. Remove the top film with a plastic-backed, lint-free pad saturated with 99% Isopropyl alcohol.
5. Condition the nails an surrounding soft tissue with CND SolarOil Nail & Cuticle Care.
How To Remove CND Shellac
Step 1: CND Shellac Removal
1. Wash your hands with soap and water and towel dry.
2. Use CND CoolBlue to cleanse the skin.
3. Wrap each finger with a CND Foil Remover Wrap.
a. Saturate the cotton pad on the CND Foil Remover Wrap with OFFLY FAST.
b. Place wrap under the finger with the edge of the cotton pad underneath the extension of the nail.
c. Fold the cotton pad over the top of the nail.
d. Wrap the CND Foil Remover Wrap around the finger, ensuring a snug fit.
e. Squeeze the top center of the foil together to secure.
4. Leave the CND Foil Remover Wrap on the finger for the designated time on the CND Shellac Top Coat used during application.
5. Securely grip each finger and apply slight pressure to the fingernail.
6. If necessary, gently slide off any remaining product with an orangewood stick in the direction of nail plate growth. Be careful not to scrape away the surface layers of the natural nail plate.
7. Rub the nail with a plastic-backed, lint-free pad saturated with OFFLY FAST to remove any residue.
For more DIY tips, check out these DIY nail articles.