CND PLEXIGEL: Repair Broken Nails With Ease
Posted on March 05 2021
Struggling with brittle nails? We're happy to announce that we now carry the new CND PLEXIGEL system. CND PLEXIGEL is a brush-in-bottle gel nail enhancement system that provides up to 3+ weeks of strength, length and shape. The system includes four different formulas:
CND PLEXIGEL Bonder: a bonding agent that anchors CND PLEXIGEL to the natural nail for secure adhesion for 3+ weeks of wear.
CND PLEXIGEL Shaper: A crystal-clear brush-on gel enhancement that provides strength, protection, and free-edge length to the natural nail.
CND PLEXIGEL Builder: A clear brush-on gel enhancement that provides strength, architecture and moderate/long length to the natural nail.
Protector Top Coat
CND PLEXIGEL Protector Top Coat: A clear, high-gloss protective top coat designed to complete the final layer of CND PLEXIGEL enhancements.
No one likes a chipped nail, but the good news is that fixing them has never been easier!
CND PLEXIGEL Shaper-Natural Nail Overlay
What You'll Need:
- Cool Blue Hand Cleanser
- Offly Fast Moisturizing Remover
- Scrub Fresh Nail Surface Cleanser
- File & Buffer
- CND PLEXIGEL Bonder
- CND PLEXIGEL Shaper
- CND PLEXIGEL Protective Top Coat
- CND LED Lamp
- Hand Towel & Hand Soap
- Lint-Free Pads
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Cuticle Pusher
- Nail Clippers
- E-File (optional)
Step 1: Perform a Manicure:
- Wash your hands for 20-30 seconds and towel dry.
- Apply Cool Blue and gently rub into hands.
- If necessary, remove any existing nail color from the natural nail.
- Trim the length of the nails, if needed.
- Shape the free edge using a nail file.
- Gently use a cuticle pusher to loosen any cuticle from the nail plate.
- Gently guide a Curette along the nail plate to remove non-living tissue on the nail.
- If needed, use a nipper to carefully remove any pieces of skin or hangnails.
- Remove shine from the natural nail surface using a buffer in the direction of the natural nail growth. (OPTIONAL: you may also use an e-file)
- Use Scrubfresh and lint-free pads, cleanse the nail plate.
Step 2: Apply CND PLEXIGEL Bonder:
- Gently roll the bottle to blend formula.
- Apply a thin layer of CND PLEXIGEL Bonder to all nails, sealing the free edge after each application. Avoid painting the cuticle.
- Cure for 10 seconds in an LED lamp (if using the CND LED Lamp, use preset button 1). DO NOT REMOVE TOP FILM AFTER CURING.
Step 3: Apply CND PLEXIGEL Shaper:
- Apply a thin, even layer of CND PLEXIGEL Shaper to the natural nail, sealing the free edge after each application.
- Apply to all nails and cure for one minute in LED lamp (if using the CND LED Lamp, use preset button 2B). DO NOT REMOVE TOP FILM AFTER CURING.
- Apply a second layer of Shaper to perfect the shape, using a light touch to float the gel over the nail. (Flash cure two nails at a time to prevent gel from running and use preset button 1)
- Apply Shaper to all five nails and cure for one minute using preset button 2B.
Step 4: Perfect The Shape (Optional):
- If you need to refine the nail shape, remove the top film with a cotton pad saturated in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Buff the surface of the nail to smooth out any imperfections using an 180-grit buffer (OPTIONAL: use a medium grit diamond bit at 1/2 speed with an e-file).
- Remove dust and cleanse the nail with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.
Step 5: Apply CND PLEXIGEL Protector Top Coat:
- Gently roll bottle to blend formula.
- Apply the CND PLEXIGEL Protector Top Coat to all nails, sealing the free edge after application.
- Cure for one minute in the CND Lamp using preset button 3.
- Lightly wipe to remove top film with a lint-free pad saturated in 99% Isopropyl Alcochol
Step 6: Add Color (Option For Gel Polish)
If using CND Shellac, skip Protector Top Coat and use CND Shellac Base Coat.
- Shake CND Shellac vigorously to blend
- Apply two thin layers of color coat to all nails.
- Cure each layer for one minute in the CND Lamp using preset button 2S.
- Apply a thin layer of CND Shellac Top Coat to all nails.
- Cure for one minute in the CND LED Lamp using preset button 3.
- Lightly wipe to remove top film with cotton pad or cosmetic sponge saturated with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Apply a drop of Solar Oil to condition the nail.