Recreate Rihanna's Super Bowl Nails
Posted on February 16 2023
In case you missed it, Rihanna's halftime performance during the Super Bowl LVII has been a hot topic of discussion this week. We couldn't help but notice her gorgeous red mani, created by celebrity nail artist Kimmie Kyees. Over 100 million viewers (from the U.S. along) tuned in to the big game. Rihanna hasn't performed solo in front of a live audience in seven years, so this was a highly anticipated performance. Her now-iconic red outfit, complete with a manicure to match, will be a memorable one for the books.
"We wanted the nails to pop, so we went with CND's Devil Red, which is the perfect true red that really complements her tone. The longer length square shaped tips also beautifully lengthened her hands while still staying true to the classic look."
- Kimmie Kyees, Celebrity Nail Artist
Want to recreate Rihanna's Super Bowl manicure? Get the look in a few easy steps, using CND products.
How-To: Rihanna's Super Bowl Nails
1. Begin with P.E.P. Check out our blog post on how to prep nails for CND Shellac gel polish.
2. Apply a layer of CND PLEXIGEL Bonder and cure under the CND LED Lamp, using Button 1.
3. Use CND Future Forms and CND PLEXIGEL Builder, build nails to a longer length and file to a square shape.
4. Apply two layers of CND Shellac Devil Red. Cure each layer using button 2S on the CND LED Lamp.
5. Seal one layer of CND No-Wipe Top Coat and cure using button 3 for super high shine and optimized wearability.
6. Apply a drop of CND Solar Oil to condition nails and moisturize cuticles for a healthy-looking finish.